Cheese Shreds Market - Key Insights
- The cheese shreds market registered a CAGR of 3.0% during the period 2013 to 2018. However, declining prices of cheese are likely to augur well for cheese shreds industry.
- The cheese shreds market is projected to exceed revenues worth US$ 4 billion in 2019.
- North America is likely to remain the largest market for cheese shreds with revenues projected to surpass US$ 1.6 billion in 2019. Cheese shreds market players in the region are leveraging falling prices of milk in combination with higher stocks, which have reduced cost of various cheese variants.
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) will retain its position as the fastest-growing market for cheese shreds. Greater China continues to gain significance as an attractive market with surging demand for cheese shreds from bakeries and western style restaurants in the country.
What are the Factors Driving Demand for Cheese Shreds?
- Increasing consumption of pizza and ready-to-eat food products has resulted in extensive adoption of cheese shreds, owing to their ease of use as ingredients and toppings in these food products. Additionally, growing preference for shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese among pizza providers will continue to underpin demand for cheese shreds to a significant extent.
- Efforts of cheese producers to increase shelf-life of cheese shreds, along with growing adoption of cellulose to impart moisture-phobic property has resulted in high-quality cheese shreds offerings recently. This, coupled with growing adoption of potato starch and micro-crystalline cellulose in cheese shreds for longer shelf-life and flavor retention, will augur well for growth of the cheese shreds market.
- Growing preference for dairy-free products, combined with increase in lactose intolerant population, is fueling the demand for vegan cheese shreds. Novel vegan cheese is produced by culturing puree or milk from tree nuts with same bacteria used by dairy cheese producers in order to enhance the taste and texture.
- Cheese processors are increasingly focusing on improving product packaging to maintain freshness of cheese. Stand-up and resealable pouches made using plastic barrier shrink films are finding wide application in cheese shreds packaging to protect the product from moisture while maintaining its natural texture and flavor.
- Evolving consumer preferences have led to increasing demand for low-fat cheese. This has translated into development of low-fat cheese shreds with focus on retaining their functional properties and flavor. Transglutaminase enzyme has emerged as the only commercial covalent cross-linking enzyme for producing low-fat mozzarella cheese improving physical properties, stretchability and meltability in low-fat cheese.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Challenges in the Cheese Shreds Market?
- Growing number of product recalls owing to mold growth, and caking defect is one of the biggest challenges faced by the retailers and producers in the cheese shreds market. Mold formation in cheese shreds can lead to the growth of harmful bacteria such as brucella, listeria, e-coli, and salmonella.
- High-calorie count combined with high fat and sodium content in cheese, which results in various health issues. Meanwhile, various studies have found possibility of bacteria in cheese transferred from cows, which can affect human health.
Cheese Shreds Market - Competitive Landscape
- Masters Gallery Foods Inc. plans to build new packaging and distribution facility worth US$ 30 Mn in Oostburg. The new facility will support food service cheese offerings by the company and ensure growth in its private brand retail.
- Dairy Farmers of America while boosting its Borden cheese range has launched new whole-milk mozzarella string cheese, snack bar flavor available in extra sharp white cheddar and habanero cheddar cheese, and thick cut shreds which are available in Ultimate pizza blend, nacho blend, and mac & cheese blend in the US.
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. has introduced new rubbed cheese wedges with four unique flavors including Harissa, Basil Pesto, Black Pepper, and Bourbonista.
- Granarolo SpA plans to participate in all the major international fairs in the agri-food sector in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The company will exhibit full range of snacks and brands at various international fairs.
Leading players operating in the cheese shreds market include Daiya Foods, Inc., Hormel Foods Corporation, Borden Cheese (Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.), Sargento Foods Inc., Tillamook, Lisanatti Foods, Inc., Associated Milk Producers, Inc., Winona Foods, Masters Gallery Foods, Inc., Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Inc., Kerrygold USA, Hunter, Walton & Co., Inc., BelGioioso Cheese Inc., Dutch Farms, Inc., Leprino Foods Company, Granarolo S.p.A, Pacific Cheese Co. Inc., Saputo Cheese USA Inc., Offredi The Cheese Ltd., GFA Brands, Inc., and other prominent players.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Increasing Demand for Mozzarella Cheese Shreds in HoReCa Sector
Shredded cheese products often referred to as cooking cheese are finding wide application in HoReCa sector owing to the easy-to-use feature of cheese shreds along with good meltability. Owing to the better taste, softness, and meltability, mozzarella cheese shreds are used on a large scale as a pizza topping and as ingredient in various food products.
In recent years, the demand for shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese has increased as a result of better shelf-life. Moreover, rise in application of anti-caking agent in mozzarella cheese shreds to prevent molds, while increasing its shelf life. This is also resulting in companies operating in HoReCa sector buying mozzarella cheese shreds in large quantities.
Scope of the Report
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Cheese Shreds Market - Research Methodology
The report on the cheese shreds market provides in-depth analysis and key insights on the market based on an extensive research methodology. The insights on the cheese shreds market are offered on the basis of the primary and secondary research. Interviews with industry experts on the cheese shreds market formed as the part of primary research methodology.
While company annual reports, journals, and press releases were used in the secondary research on cheese shreds market.
Information collected through primary and secondary research was used to offer details on the growth and challenges in the cheese shreds market. The research methodology also helped in eliminating misleading information on the cheese shreds market and providing correct and accurate information and data on the cheese shreds market.
The market report on the cheese shreds market serves as the exclusive dataset for cheese shreds market players and readers to plan new business strategies and product developments in order to compete in the cheese shreds market at a global level.
The latest report on the cheese shreds market by Fact.MR offers key insights, along with the in-depth analysis of the cheese shreds market. The report also sheds light on the historical data and forecast on the cheese shreds market.
All the key factors influencing the cheese shreds market growth are also provided in the report. The study offers all the micro and macro-economic factors in the market along with the qualitative and quantitative analysis.
The report also includes market dynamics such as key trends, growth opportunities, market drivers, and challenges in the cheese shreds market. The report also offers segment-wise and regional analysis of the market along with the details on the market in the key countries in each region. Competitive landscape in the cheese shreds market is also offered in this report.
Chapter 1- Executive Summary
This chapter of the market provides opportunity assessment of the cheese shreds market along with the component market value.
Chapter 2- Cheese Shreds Market Overview
This chapter of the report offers overview of the market along with the product specific definition of cheese shreds. The report also includes value and volume forecast of the cheese shreds market. The chapter also includes year-on-year growth and CAGR in the cheese shreds market.
Chapter 3- Key Indicators Assessment
This chapter of the report provides milk industry overview along with details on the milk production by regions and countries. The chapter also includes segment-wise analysis based on the product type and form type. These segments are further bifurcated into sub-segments to offer in-depth analysis of the market.
Key regulatory framework and product lifecycle analysis is also offered in the report. The report includes supply chain analysis and market dynamics in the cheese shreds market.
Chapter 4- Survey Analysis
This chapter offers survey analysis of the cheese shreds market including information on the kind of organic product purchased, preference for local brands, frozen food preference, and top retails selected by customers when buying fresh foods.
Chapter 5- Cheese Shreds Market Pricing Analysis
This section of the report focuses on the pricing analysis based on the regions along with the price point analysis. The report also provides pricing analysis based on the product types.
Chapter 6- Cheese Shreds Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter includes segment-wise analysis of the market including product types, source, nature, buyer type, and sales channel. All the segments are further divided into sub-segments in order to offer better understanding of the cheese shreds market.
Value and volume comparison, market share comparison and year-on-year growth comparison for each segment is included in the report.
Chapter 7- North America Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
The chapter focuses on the current scenario of the cheese shreds market in North America. The chapter also includes details on the performance of the market in key countries in North America. The report also provides details on the segments with highest share in the market in North America.
Chapter 8- Latin America Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
This section of the report provide details on the key trends and growth opportunities in the cheese shreds market in Latin America. The report also highlights all the important factors impacting the growth of the market in Latin America along with country-wise analysis.
Chapter 9- Europe Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
This chapter focuses on the performance of the cheese shreds market in Europe along with the key countries witnessing growth in the cheese shreds market in the region. Key trends and factors influencing the growth of the market in Europe are also included in the report.
Chapter 10- Japan Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
This section of the report includes key developments and challenges in the cheese shreds market in Japan. The report provides details on the current scenario on the cheese shreds market in the country along with the forecast on the sales and demand for cheese shreds in Japan.
Chapter 11- APEJ Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
This chapter of the report provides key insights and in-depth analysis of the cheese shreds market in the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ). The chapter also focuses on the performance of the market in the key countries in the region along with the focus on challenges faced by the players in the cheese shreds market in APEJ.
Chapter 12- MEA Cheese Shreds Market Analysis
This section of the report offers segment-wise analysis of the cheese shreds market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) including the segment witnessing significant growth in the MEA region. Country-wise analysis is also provided in the report.
Chapter 13- Competitive Assessment
This chapter includes cheese shreds market structure along with the dashboard view of the key companies and market share analysis of the leading players in the cheese shreds market.
Chapter 14- Company Profiles
This section of the report offers detailed profiles of the key players in the cheese shreds market. Company overview, product portfolio, growth strategies, and key developments by the leading players is also provided in the report.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.