Cheese analogue market projected to witness over 6% growth during the forecast period
Cheese analogue has grown from 3% of the global cheese demand in 2008 to over 5% in 2017. The demand for cheese analogue has grown significantly in the recent past owing to change in consumers’ food habits. The urban population who crave for dishes and cuisines with cheese are the key demand boosters for cheese analogue globally. Pizza is one of the foods whose demand has grown worldwide, which has also augmented the cheese analogue market in this sub-sector. Europe is the largest cheese analogue market, though the demand in South Asia and East Asia has been increasing at a pace higher than global average.
Resemblance in appearance with natural cheese makes cheese analogue highly acceptable
Cheese analogues are a type of processed cheese that is manufactured with dairy, partial dairy as well as non-dairy ingredients. Cheese analogues are primarily used in the prepared dishes such as pizza, burger, sandwich and other similar prepared dishes. Cheese analogues are also used in the catering industry. The growing food service sector globally thus have been the key growth driver for cheese analogues. The U.S. and U.K. are two of the largest cheese analogue markets.
Demand-supply gap of natural cheese is pivotal to the growth in demand of cheese analogue
While the cheese demand grows, the pressure on cheese manufacturers has been increasing to scale up their capacity. Still, it has been noted that with the growth in demand is increasing at a faster pace as compared to the increase in production. This necessitates the demand for cheese analogues to fill the non-satiated areas. In the countries with lower milk production, cheese analogue is a boon.
Veganism trend emerges as a silent driver for cheese analogue demand
Vegan population has surged significantly in the recent past owing to several reasons including the growing number of people with lactose intolerance, people’s conscience for animal welfare and trend of veganism represented by the sportspeople and movie stars. This factor has also augmented the demand for cheese analogue, though not significantly.
Lower cost driver the demand for cheese analogue
The demand of cheese analogue has also been increasing due to its significantly lower price as compared to natural cheese. The cost-foreplay occurs at the level of manufacturing, wherein milk is being replaced by lower priced substitutes such as casein, maltodextrin, starch, and vegetable fat. The lower price of cheese analogue also makes them affordable to the low-income groups. This has also augmented the demand for cheese analogue in the emerging countries as well as larger proportion of their population have low bargaining power. The fast paced urbanization growth in South Asia is expected to bolster the demand for cheese analogue in the region
Opportunity for cheese analogue market in new products
Since cheese analogues are processed form of cheese, their shelf-life can be increased so that it can be used across a variety of existing as well as new and experimental cuisines. At domestic level, where a food ingredient is expected to be stored for periodical use, cheese analogue serves the purpose.
Highly competitive cheese analogue market
The key companies offering cheese analogue includes Follow Your Heart, Daiya Foods Inc., Tofutti Brands Inc., Heidi Ho, Kite Hill, Dr-Cow Tree Nut Cheese, Uhrenholt Seafood A/S, Bute Island Foods Ltd, Vtopian Artisan Cheese, Punk Rawk Labs, Violife Foods, Parmela Creamery, and Treeline Treenut Cheese. Besides, several new entrants at regional level has been intensifying the cheese analogue market growth.
The research report on Cheese Analogue presents a comprehensive assessment of the Cheese Analogue market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report in Cheese Analogue provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product and application and geographies.
The Cheese Analogue market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Cheese Analogue includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
The Cheese Analogue market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Cheese Analogue report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Cheese Analogue market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Cheese Analogue Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of the soft drink market
- Changing market dynamics in the Cheese Analogue industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size of Cheese Analogue in terms of volume and value
- Recent Cheese Analogue industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the Cheese Analog
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Cheese Analogue market performance
- Must-have information for Cheese Analogue market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development