Automotive Telematics Market: Key Insights
- The automotive telematics market remained resilient by clocking a promising CAGR of 18.8% during the period of 2012-2016
- The automotive telematics market was valued at over US$ 22 billion in 2018 and is estimated to register a Y-o-Y growth of 23.3% in 2019 over 2018.
- Europe is expected to remain the largest market for global automotive telematics during the forecast period and account for an estimated 31.4% share by the end of 2019.
- The embedded segment is anticipated to lead the European automotive telematics market by recording a value of over US$ 4 billion in 2019 and a notable CAGR through 2026. In addition, the region is envisaged to remain highly attractive in the forthcoming years, owing to the high concentration of key players such as Trimble Inc., Masternaut Limited, TomTom N.V., and a few others in this region.
What are the Factors Underpinning the Growth of the Automotive Telematics Market?
- With auto-industry envisioning to tap into the next-gen automotive capabilities, sophisticated communication technologies like automotive telematics are witnessing a proliferated adoption in applications such as vehicular communication, safety, mapping system, and road transportation. Additionally, improved broadband networks alongside the ubiquitous use of smartphones for communication is predicted to uphold the growth of the automotive telematics market.
- New entrants have ventured into the automotive telematics market to capitalize the emerging opportunities. On the other hand, established players in the market are focusing on expansion and simultaneous growth through the mediums of productive mergers and acquisitions.
- There has been a burgeoning demand for effective satellite navigation services in parallel to the perennially rising popularity of in-built mobile communications among drivers, thereby creating robust demand for automotive telematics technology. Since assistive technologies such as automotive telematics pave way for the sales prospects, carmakers have started incorporating the system in their product and showcased it as an upgraded version of their products.
- Autonomous cars and EVs, being the immediate future of the automotive industry, have unavoidable requisite for the detection of unauthorized utilization of such vehicles, thereby making automotive telematics a viable feature for the next-gen vehicles. Additionally, sustained focus to promote the use of vehicles with green energy is expected to create opportunities for electric vehicles in general and automotive telematics market in particular.
- Previously, the risks of cyber-attacks leading to the leakage of confidential data posed a challenge to the growth of the automotive telematics market. However, the legislation of stringent laws and guidelines pertaining to the protection of confidential data can mitigate these concerns.
Know More Details About the Report
What Factors are Posing Challenge to the Growth of the Automotive Telematics Market?
- A hesitance in the adoption of automotive telematics is observed among the OEMs and suppliers of the automotive industry. While the advancement in ICEs, FCEVs, and BEVs have been in the industry for a while, the automotive manufacturers show reluctance in the adoption of these technologies in a mass. Add to that their concerns of confidential data being prone to the cyber-attacks and the automotive telematics market is expected to witness a barrier in the way of its consistent growth.
- Adoption of automotive telematics, on the whole, would mean revamping the existing infrastructure and the inclusion of technology in the existing systems would further increase the complexity of the eco-system. As a result, the automotive telematics will have to wait for a longer time to become mainstream.
Automotive Telematics Market – Competitive Matrix
- Visteon Corporation entered into a productive agreement to acquire AllGo Systems, a key developer of embedded multimedia system solutions. The acquisition is aimed at leveraging AllGo’s profound expertise in multimedia as well as smartphone connectivity software for adding scale and depth to the infotainment software expertise of Visteon.
- In 2017, Robert Bosch GmbH completed the acquisition of ITK Engineering AG with an agreement that the latter would be able to retain its brand identity. This primary aim of this acquisition is to strengthen the position of Bosch in custom systems & software development services. Alongside, the acquisition will enable ITK Engineering AG to escalate its geographical outreach, thereby, bringing positive outcomes to both the companies.
- In 2017, Delphi teamed up with Transdev to work collaboratively on self-driving buses. This partnership will be fruitful since it will be a convergence of Delphi’s self-driving technology and Transdev’s sound experience in mobility operations.
Additional significant players profiled in the report that operate in the global automotive telematics market comprise of Harman International Industries, Inc., Magneti Marelli S.p.A, Airbiquity Inc., Verizon Telematics, Inc., TomTom N.V., Masternaut Limited, and Trimble Inc., among others.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Automotive Telematics Market - Additional Insights
OEM Segment to Flourish in the European Automotive Telematics Market
The report opines that the OEM segment will enjoy its position as the forerunning sales channel in the automotive telematics market during the forecast period. This is attributed to the increase in the productive collaborations and strategic partnerships between the top automotive companies, thereby, assuring the dominance of OEM in the global automotive telematics market.
According to the report, OEM is predicted to lend absolute $ opportunity with US$ 32,551.6 Mn and Europe is anticipated to remain an attractive market for the growth of the OEM market through the forecast period.
Automotive Telematics Market - Research Methodology
The market study on automotive telematics market is an outcome of an exhaustive research methodology leveraged to compile the report and understand the dynamics of the automotive telematics market. Both primary and secondary research methodologies have been employed to cull intelligent insights into the automotive telematics market.
Interviews with the industry experts were set up to form the foundation of the primary research of the automotive telematics market, while trade journals, paid sources, press releases, and similar other publications pertaining to the automotive telematics market. Ultimately, a conclusion is drawn by combining both the research methodologies to filter out misleading information and compile the report with only accurate of the information on the automotive telematics market.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
A recently published report by Fact.MR on automotive telematics market offers comprehensive and intelligent insights into the automotive telematics market. The market study provides a comprehensive analysis of all the crucial factors impacting the performance of automotive telematics market.
The report assesses both – the qualitative as well as quantitative growth determinants of the automotive telematics market. In addition, the study on the global automotive telematics market analysis the key macro and microeconomic aspects influencing the growth.
An in-depth opportunity assessment of the automotive telematics market is incorporated in this report. The study also encompasses thorough insights into the competitive matrix present in the automotive telematics market.
Chapter 1 – Global Automotive Telematics Market – Executive Summary
The study commences with a comprehensive executive summary which provides in-depth yet valuable information about the automotive telematics market. This chapter studies the crucial highlights of the automotive telematics market with respect to the facts and figures.
Chapter 2 – Global Automotive Telematics Market – Overview
Under this chapter, a clear definition of the automotive telematics market and brief taxonomy of this market is included. This chapter further assesses the significant macroeconomic factors impacting automotive telematics market growth. In addition, this chapter also lends an in-depth analysis of the cost structure, pricing, supply chain, and raw material sourcing.
Chapter 3 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Product Type
This chapter offers a comprehensive market segmentation based on the product type. Historical analysis of every product type is discussed in this section.
Chapter 4 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Service Type
This section of the report lends a holistic outlook on the market fragmentation depending on the product type. Historical analysis of every service type is discussed in this section.
Chapter 5 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Vehicle Type
This segment of the report provides a detailed outlook on the market bifurcation based on the vehicle type. Historical analysis of every vehicle type is discussed in this chapter.
Chapter 6 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Sales Channel
This section of the report offers an in-depth view of the market classification depending on the sales channel. Historical analysis of every sales channel is discussed in this chapter.
Chapter 7 – Global Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Region Type
This chapter of the report lends information about the market bifurcation based on the region. Historical analysis of regions such as North America, Europe, Latin America, APEJ, Japan, and MEA are discussed in this chapter.
Chapter 8 – North American Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This section begins with a comprehensive introduction about the automotive telematics market in the North American region. The subsequent sections of this report offer a historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with a comprehensive prediction of the market performance. Market attractiveness analysis is also included in the chapter.
Chapter 9 – Latin American Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This segment starts with a brief introduction about the automotive telematics market present in the Latin American region. The following sections of this study provide a historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with a broad estimation on the market performance. Market attractiveness analysis is also incorporated in this chapter.
Chapter 10 – European Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This chapter commences with a detailed introduction about the automotive telematics market present in the Europe region. The succeeding sections of this report lend an accurate historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with an extensive forecast on the market performance. Market attractiveness is also analyzed in this chapter.
Chapter 11 – Japan Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This section begins with a brief overview of the automotive telematics market prevalent in the Japan region. The following sections of this study provide a precise historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with an accurate forecast on the market performance. Market attractiveness is also assessed in this chapter.
Chapter 12 – APEJ Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This segment commences with an in-depth overview of the automotive telematics market that exists in the APEJ region. The next sections of this study lend a historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with a precise forecast on the market performance. Market attractiveness is also analyzed in this chapter.
Chapter 13 – MEA Automotive Telematics Market Analysis and Forecast by Country
This section begins with a detailed overview of the automotive telematics market that exists in the MEA region. The following sections of this report lend a precise historical analysis of the automotive telematics market with an accurate forecast on the market performance. Market attractiveness is also assessed in this chapter.
Chapter 14 – Company Profiles
The emerging as well as established players operating in the automotive telematics market are listed and assessed in the section. A comprehensive overview of each of these players along with their product portfolios, market presence, notable business developments, global footprint, strategies, strengths, and weaknesses.
Key stakeholders and new entrants operating in the automotive telematics market can utilize the insights provided in the section to devise sustainable strategies and draw a concrete bottom line.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.