Gluten-free bread has been rising in popularity in the recent times, due to growing concerns regarding gluten intolerance and sensitivity. Apart for eliminating such risks, gluten-free bread is largely consumed for its benefits in digestive health, cholesterol level, weight loss, and in preventing the risk of several diseases. Bread is considered to be a staple food in various regions across the world which in turn is likely to influence the development of gluten-free bread market. In addition, emerging trends of serving gluten-free foods in various events and communion is expected to create potential growth prospects of the gluten-free bread market.
Many bakery manufacturers have started to introduce gluten-free bread in their product line which in turn is anticipated to enhance the lucrativeness of the market. According to several studies, 1 in 133 people in the United States suffer from celiac disease which cannot digest gluten at all. This has led to surge in the demand for gluten-free bread. In addition, increasing adoption of gluten-free diet even by the people without celiac disease because of gluten causing intestinal symptoms is expected to directly influence the demand for gluten-free bread. Continued focus of manufacturers on improving the product quality and shelf life will possibly accelerate the gluten-free bread market growth.
A new report by Fact.MR provides a comprehensive outlook on the global gluten-free bread market. Lucid analysis on the past, present and future trends of consumer preferences as well as manufacturing advances have been considered while forecasting the market growth between the period of 2018 and 2027.
Rising awareness regarding the consumption of gluten-free diet and introduction of novel product varieties by manufacturers are some of the key factors influencing market growth. Based on this, the report provides the most credible go-to forecast for the industry executives interested in business expansion.
Present in grains such as wheat, barley and rye, gluten is a composite of storage proteins that are stored in the endosperm of the grains. The proteins are capable of irritating as well as damaging the intestinal villi which leads to medical complications such as prevention of nutrient absorption, bloating, wind, fatigue, low blood count and osteoporosis. This severe implications are categorized into coeliac disease, non-coeliac gluten sensitivity, and wheat allergy. While coeliac disease is a genetic autoimmune disorder, non-coeliac gluten sensitivity is referred to as intestinal sensitivity to gluten whereas wheat allergy refers to as immune reaction to any of the hundreds of protein present in wheat.
As in-depth understanding of these diseases is lacking, consumption of gluten-free diet is the only available approach available for the patients. Owing to which, manufacturers, especially bakery producers have launched plethora of gluten-free products. As the effective treatment for gluten intolerance or gluten sensitivity is yet to be discovered, demand for gluten-free products including gluten-free bread is likely to increase in future.
Increased Diagnosis of Gluten Intolerance and Sensitivity to Fuel Adoption
Past few decades have witnessed dramatic rise in number of people suffering from coeliac disease or gluten intolerance. Partly due to spread of awareness regarding physiological effects of gluten diet, diagnosis of the disease has increased. Further, people have become more aware of gluten sensitivity or wheat allergy than before. This has led to development of trend where consumers consciously monitor their quantities of gluten intake in their diet. They prefer food products that are highly monitored for their ingredients. Such products include gluten-free bread. In addition, several research studies have revealed improvement or total reversal of intestinal health with a regularly monitored gluten-free diet among gluten sensitive as well as gluten intolerant patients. Bread being a staple food across major world regions, demand for gluten-free bread is set to rise in future.
Steady Introduction of New Innovations to Boost Adoption
With the rising demand for gluten free products, bakery manufacturers have introduced a variety of gluten free breads. Time pressed consumers are seeking for shorter meal preparation time as well as allergen-free food alternatives.
- Migros, one of the leading retailer in the world has introduced a new Gluten Free Quinoa Bread. The bread is company’s first gluten-free product that is vegan, wheat- and lactose-free, contains important fibers and is suitable for patients with coeliac disease.
- Brodo Italian Scratch Kitchen, Italy’s popular diner, has recently introduced a new gluten free menu. The restaurant will be utilizing gluten-free pizza and breads from the Sweet Escape Pastries bakery.
- Canyon Bakehouse® is the U.S. based leading bakery. It has recently launched two new flavors to its gluten-free product line of Stay Fresh Packaging - Hawaiian Sweet Bread and Honey Oat Bread.
Further, to align their products with the growing trend of clean labels, manufacturers have adopted clean product labeling attitude to provide consumers as well as retailers with appropriate information.
Although awareness of gluten sensitivity and intolerance is rising, a census study in the United States has observed over 30% of study participants to follow wrong measures of gluten-free diet intake. Another study has found that among gluten sensitive individuals, longer and inadequate consumption of gluten-free diet can lead to development of type 2 diabetes due to lack of essential fibers in diet. Such studies spread awareness regarding appropriate consumption of gluten-free diets and can obstruct the growth of the market in future.
Above stated points are discussed in detail in Fact.MR’s report on global gluten-free bread market, making it a comprehensive and credible source for the business professionals.
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development