Dec 24, 2020
Gallium Oxide Substrate Market to Expand More Than Twofold by 2030; COVID-19 Outbreak to Hamper Market Growth in Short Term
by Team Fact.MR
The gallium oxide substrate market is estimated to expand more than 2X and generate an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 5 Mn over the forecast period (2020-2030). Research & development activities done by academic & research institutes hold a major portion of the pie. With rapid growth of semiconductor and electronics industries, demand for substrate is only expected to increase over the coming years. However, the market will face a short-term decline in growth due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and gradually pick pace over the coming months and years.
Key Takeaways from Global Gallium Oxide Substrate Market
- The global gallium oxide substrate market is anticipated to race ahead and add 2.1X value in 2030 as compared to 2020.
- Sn dopants capture nearly 59% of the global gallium oxide substrates market.
- Among the applications, visible/ ultraviolet LEDs hold a major share of the market - around 57% in 2020 - as LEDs are adopted across industries for various uses such as purification, currency detecting, etc.
- Asia Pacific holds a leading share in the gallium oxide substrate market, of which, Taiwan has been the demand center in FY2020. North America is the second-most attractive region in the global gallium oxide substrate market.
- After initial setbacks due to the onset of the COVID-19 virus, the gallium oxide substrate market is gradually recovering and getting back to its normal growth trajectory.
“Evolving scene of the semiconductor industry is responsible for the robust growth of the global gallium oxide substrate market, which is projected to double in value over the next ten years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Rare Material Allowing Manufacturers to Maintain High Prices
The gallium oxide substrate market consists of three key players - Tamura Corporation, Novel Crystal Technology, and Kyma Technologies. Tamura and Novel Crystal Technology are leading players in the market, as the market is extremely consolidated with patented technologies. Players in this space have the power to maintain high prices of substrates, which will also act as a barrier for new entrants trying to enter this market place.
More Valuable Insights on Gallium Oxide Substrate Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global gallium oxide substrate market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges essential insights on the gallium oxide substrate market on the basis of dopant (tin, iron, and others) and application (visible/ ultraviolet LEDs, power semiconductors, and ultraviolet detectors), across four major regions of the world.
About Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.