Each year, millions of people are affected by respiratory diseases across the world, due to which, the use of inhalable biologics is also increasing. Inhalable biologics are agents that are formed from the products of living (plant or microorganisms) sources, which are used for treating chronic diseases and acute diseases such as asthma, COPD, and cystic fibrosis, among others. Inhalable biologics are beneficial over the conventional systems because of their target specific working. Inhaled and nasal delivery of biologic products are a more convenient method of administrating compounds systematically. Inhalable biologics used for long-term diseases give opportunity for the repurposing of existing products for inhaled and nasal delivery to boost patient experience, and help decrease complications. Inhalable biologics is the way of getting biological drugs specifically to the target by inhaling the drug. These inhalable biologics are sometimes synthesized through recombinant DNA technology, due to which, they work efficiently in the body and have various kinds of benefits accordingly.
Inhalable Biologics Market: Drivers and Restraints
The inhalable biologics market is expected to grow due to the increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases. Inhalable biologics help improve the treatment of various lung-related diseases. These kinds of inhalable biologics help reduce the time of medication, and give the best effect to the target sites. Due to these reasons, the inhalable biologics market has been growing rapidly in recent years. Continuous efforts in the research and development of inhalable biologics also drive the market. Since these inhalable biologics are costly, they are not consumed by most patients. Due to this reason, inhalable biologics target system therapies are very beneficial for analysing biomarkers predictive of response and potential drug resistance. The availability of limited inhalable biologics and their major side effects may hinder the growth of the inhalable biologics market during the forecast period. The production of inhalable biologics needs to be done by highly skilled professionals, which restrains its market growth. The production process is complicated and expensive, due to which, the growth of the inhalable biologics market can get hampered.
Inhalable Biologics Market: Segmentation
The global inhalable biologics market is segmented based on product type, indication, end user, and region.
Based on product type, the market is segmented into:
- Respiratory Inhalable Biologics
- Non-respiratory inhalable biologics
Based on indication, the market is segmented into:
- Respiration Tract Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Airway Obstruction
- Lung Cancer
Based on end user, the market is segmented into:
- Retail Pharmacies
Inhalable Biologics Market: Overview
Inhalable biologics is used for the treatment of a wide range of diseases for different organs, specially the respiratory organs. For instance, inhalers are used for the patients of asthma; a common disease that affects millions of people across the globe. The global inhalable biologics market has been experiencing rapid growth due to development of these kinds of inhalable biologics in recent years. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to raise the demand of inhalable biologics. It also leads to an increase in the competitive advantage over the substitute products available in the market. The revenue of the inhalable biologics market is expected to grow during the forecast period, due to the launching of novel products in the near future.
Inhalable Biologics Market: Regional Outlook
The global inhalable biologics market is classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is dominated by the U.S., and accounts for a large share in the global inhalable biologics market, owing to the high technological ecology, presence of large players, and higher demand. North America is followed by Europe, which is expected to be led by Germany. The large research infrastructure of Europe and the global healthcare industry of Germany are significant drivers for the European market. The inhalable biologics market is expected to increase in favour of Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa. China and India are expected to have large shares, owing to developing economies, having large populations, and advancements in healthcare infrastructure.
Inhalable Biologics Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the major vendors operating in the market are Bio-Rad Laboratories, Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. AstraZeneca, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Medisol Lifescience Private Ltd, and Consort Medical, among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of LATAM)
- EU – (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), UK, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development