Wearable Adhesives Market
Wearable Adhesives Market Analysis, By Product (Acrylic-based, Silicone-based), By Application (Diagnostic Devices, Monitoring Devices), By End Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Home Care Settings) & Region – Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Wearable Adhesives Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Wearable Adhesives Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
Global demand for wearable adhesives is anticipated to increase rapidly at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2023 to 2033. Currently, the global wearable adhesives market is valued at US$ 370 million and is thus expected to reach a market size of US$ 900 million by the end of 2033.
Healthcare and technology are inextricably linked. They are both continually developing to meet customer and health requirements. Wearable adhesives are one of several advances in healthcare that are assisting people with conditions such as heart disease and diabetes.
Wearable adhesives, as opposed to industrial pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs), are intended for use on human skin. They can also withstand factors such as sweat, water and moisture, UV light, and even dynamic movement.
Since skin is a living organ, it is constantly changing, and the state varies from person to person; it breathes, stretches, sweats, and ages while also keeping the ability to absorb and discharge moisture on a regular basis. As a result, adhesive components must be skin-friendly and adaptive to the ever-changing state for wearable monitors and attachments to be worn for an extended period.
A standard continuous glucose monitoring gadget is an example of a long-term wearable device. This technology consists of three distinct components: a sensor that monitors glucose, a transmitter attached to the sensor that collects data and transfers it to the third component, and the display device. Since the sensor is held in place by an adhesive patch and is normally replaced weekly, it is critical that the adhesive possesses features such as ultra-high bonding for it to endure for this long.
Wearable technologies are becoming increasingly popular. A comprehensive understanding of changes in physiological and pathological signs is essential for early intervention and disease diagnosis. Wearable technologies, which track vital signs in real-time, are crucial for diagnosing and treating a wide range of disorders. Early diagnosis and warning of diseases are beneficial in delaying their development and reducing the incidence of any disease.
With wearable devices, users can check their blood sugar, blood pressure, and fitness levels more quickly and precisely. These gadgets also provide critical feedback to users, such as reminders to move and stand and take medication on time, encouraging users to take good care of their health.
Moreover, wearable devices can alert users about potential health hazards and offer advice on preventing and avoiding specific diseases. These devices provide users with regular feedback on areas where they are succeeding and areas where improvement or treatment is required.
During the outbreak of COVID-19, while other industries witnessed a substantial drop in revenue, the global market for wearable medical devices saw significant growth. The demand for remote patient monitoring devices skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic, boosting the need for wearable adhesives. These devices are simple to operate, making them ideal for people who do not have access to a healthcare expert.
Furthermore, as a result of the pandemic, people are paying more attention to their physical health and fitness to avoid the detrimental impacts of any sickness in the future. Consequently, various governments have made significant investments in the healthcare industry and the R&D of wearable adhesives.
Wearable Adhesives Market Size in 2023
US$ 370 Million
Projected Market Value (2033)
US$ 900 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
North America Market Share (2022)
Market Share of Silicone-based Adhesives (2022)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Why are Wearable Adhesives So Popular?
“Increasing Incidence of Chronic Diseases and Growing Obesity Rate”
The rising incidence of chronic diseases in both developing and developed countries is pushing global market growth. Decreased physical activity and increased intake of fast food or processed meals are key risk factors for the development of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
- As per a National Center for Biotechnology Information study published in 2019, nearly one-third of all adults suffer from multiple chronic conditions (MCCs).
Another important aspect boosting the demand for wearable adhesives is the rising obesity rate.
- As per the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), overweight people are at a greater risk of developing severe ailments and diseases than those who keep a healthy weight.
- As per WHO (World Health Organization), 38 million children under five were overweight or obese in 2020.
Due to such aspects, Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, predicts that global demand for wearable adhesives will increase exponentially during the study period.
Why is the United States Looking Strong in the North American Market?
“Escalating Demand for Monitoring Equipment”
North America accounted for 35% of the global market for wearable adhesives in 2022. North America is a hub for high-tech companies and a big community of internet users. The regional market is growing due to the early acceptance of new wearable technologies.
Furthermore, the need to reduce healthcare costs associated with chronic diseases is fuelling the demand for wearable devices in this region. Public awareness of these products is fast expanding as a result of the presence of several prominent companies in the region.
The United States is dominating North America. The demand for monitoring equipment is escalating in the country due to the expanding geriatric and obese population.
Which Countries are Fostering Market Expansion in Asia Pacific?
“South Korea and Japan to Aid Asia Pacific Market Growth”
Asia Pacific is following North America in terms of growth due to rising healthcare expenditure, a vast patient pool, and a growing older population. South Korea and Japan are considerably aiding market growth in Asia Pacific.
- As per the International Diabetes Federation, 95 million adults in the Southeast Asia region had diabetes in 2021, with the number expected to rise to 113 million by 2030.
How are Sales of Wearable Adhesives Shaping Up in Germany?
“Germany to Witness Increasing Sales of Wearable Adhesives”
The European market is expanding at a considerable pace. Germany is making significant contributions to the regional market. The sales of wearable adhesives are increasing and are expected to continue to rise in Germany due to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Why is Demand for Silicone-based Adhesives Increasing?
“Extensive Applications of Silicone-based Adhesives”
Silicone-based adhesives held 50% of the worldwide market for stick-to-skin adhesives in 2022. Silicone is easy to apply and remove, causing little to no discomfort.
Furthermore, it is durable because of its chemical stability and resilience to moisture and weathering. Silicone-based adhesives also establish a strong and durable bond, which makes them an excellent choice in the majority of circumstances. This is why makers are continuously attempting to provide new silicone-based products.
- For example, 3M announced the debut of their new product range of improved silicone adhesives for medical equipment in December 2021. These products were created to last longer, support heavier gadgets, and provide more stable adhesion.
Why are Monitoring Devices Driving the Demand for Wearable Adhesives?
“Rising Prevalence of Chronic Diseases”
Demand for monitoring devices is growing significantly due to the rising incidence of chronic illnesses.
- According to the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors' article "Commentary on Chronic Disease Prevention in 2022," 55% of adult Americans have at least one chronic disease.
- According to the same report, 35% of American people suffer from multiple chronic conditions.
As a result of the increasing incidence of chronic diseases, affected individuals must maintain track of their health problems to avoid major health consequences and lower the chance of becoming very ill.
Key players in the wearable adhesives market are working on increasing their market presence through a variety of strategic efforts. Key market participants are concentrating on new developments, acquisitions, and partnerships and collaborations. This not only allows them to expand their product portfolio but also allows them to develop a strong market presence and expand their global footprint. Furthermore, several start-ups are entering the worldwide market with innovative stick-to-skin materials.
- 3M collaborated with PolarSeal Tapes & Conversions, a developer of medical device solutions, in October 2022. Companies collaborated to create wearable medical device adhesive solutions.
- In September 2022, 3M partnered with Epicore Biosystems, a digital health firm, and Innovize, Inc., a specialized medical device maker. This alliance aims to address a variety of issues by utilizing better and safer healthcare solutions.
- 3M unveiled 3M Medical Tape 4576, an adhesive tape intended to secure medical equipment to a patient's skin, in April 2022. The product provides skin devices with greater flexibility, and adhesion.
- 3M introduced 3M Hi-Tack Silicone Adhesive Tapes, a next-generation silicone adhesive, in November 2020. The product is repositionable, conformable, and flexible, making it compatible with a variety of medical devices, such as wearable cardiac monitors, glucose monitoring systems, and sleep and incontinence devices.
- Scapa Healthcare revealed major additions to its Hydrocolloid Technology Center in Orangeburg, New York, in April 2021. The company is investing heavily to address the expanding global demand for superior medical-grade hydrocolloid adhesive technologies.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Wearable Adhesives Industry Research
By Product :
By Application :
- Diagnostic Devices
- Monitoring Devices
By End User :
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care Settings
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & China
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The global wearable adhesives market is worth US$ 370 million in 2023.
The market for wearable adhesives is anticipated to reach US$ 900 million by 2033.
Global demand for wearable adhesives is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2023 to 2033.
North America captured 35% share of the global market in 2022.
Silicone-based adhesives held 50% share of the worldwide market in 2022.
Abbott Laboratories, Inc, 3M Company, H.B. Fuller Company, Adhezion Biomedical, LLC, Ethicon US LLC, Chemence Ltd, Gentag, Inc, and GluStitch Inc are key suppliers of silicone-based adhesives.