Dipentaerythritol Market – Key Insights
- Worldwide volume sales of dipentaerythritol recorded a sluggish growth at 5% CAGR between 2013 and 2018. However, this chemical by-product is expected to witness a sustained demand across industry verticals in light of its hydrophobic nature.
- Industry grade dipentaerythritol is expected to hold bulk shares of the market, despite relative faster growth estimated for sales of technical grade variant. Industry grade dipentaerythritol sales are expected to register a Y-o-Y growth at 2.7% in 2019 over 2018.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan continues to gain significance as the most lucrative landscape for growth of the dipentaerythritol market, with industry players across domains such as paints & coatings and cosmetics leveraging the latent opportunities in the region.
- APEJ will also retain its position as the fastest-growing market for dipentaerythritol, with volume sales in the region estimated at over 4.0% through 2028.
What are Key Growth Drivers of the Dipentaerythritol Market?
- Dipentaerythritol continues to witness a significant demand from alkyd paint producers, as the trend toward adoption of these paints in commercial as well as residential construction takes a paradigm shift from being ephemeral to pervasive
- Constant new product development activities being carried out in line with notably rising significance of new applications such as explosives and flame retardant products, will continue to create new growth opportunities for the dipentaerythritol market
- Dipentaerythritol market growth will also remain sustained by adoption of this chemical derivative as a sustainable alternative to electrically transformed fluids, in light of their water resistance and biodegradable properties
- Demand for dipentaerythritol will remain high in formulation of mixtures and key packaging processes, along with their lucrativeness in the production of plastic products
- The advent of innovative uses of dipentaerythritol, such as a key agent in the management and treatment of heart diseases, as it deprives side-effects associated with conventional drugs, further undergirds growth of the dipentaerythritol market
- Resurgent growth in the construction industry worldwide, coupled with focus of governments on infrastructure development, which entails demand for paints & coatings, will uphold growth of the dipentaerythritol market
What are Key Challenges Faced by Companies Operating in the Dipentaerythritol Market?
- Volatile prices of raw materials continues to remain a key challenge for the dipentaerythritol manufacturers, who are currently taking continuous efforts toward seeking sustainable sources and production techniques
- Limited availability of raw materials such as acetaldehyde and formaldehyde, owing to overlapping demand in other commercial applications of these materials, will also remain a key concern among dipentaerythritol market players
Dipentaerythritol Market – Assessment on the Competitive Landscape
- JenKem Technology USA introduced its 6ARM-PEG Derivatives (dipentaerythritol), which are synthesized with ethoxylation of dipentaerythritol. Number of units of ethylene oxide in this dipentaerythritol may vary in different arms, according to the company.
- Samyang’s recently introduced its industry grade dipentaerythritol, which is white odorless crystalline compound, deeming its safety at ambient temperature. Although it has a slight risk of explosion with fine powder, it is still considered to be a relatively stable dipentaerythritol produced.
- The FDA has recently added mixed esters of fatty acids comprising pentaerythritol and dipentaerythritol, in its inventory of the Effective Food Contact Substances (FCS). This will further create opportunities for established as well as emerging players in the dipentaerythritol market.
Key players profiled in this report on the dipentaerythritol market include Ercros S.A., Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Ltd., Merck KgaA, Henan Tianfu Chemical Co. Ltd, Jiangsu World Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Alder S.p.A, Watson International Ltd, BOC Sciences, Kanoria Chemicals & Industries, TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd., Baoding GuoXiu Chemical Co., Ltd., and Samyang Chemical Corporation.
Dipentaerythritol Market – Additional Insights
Growing Palpability of Thin Film Intumescent Coatings
Thin film intumescent coatings continue to gain significance as a key solution for protecting structural steel. Dipentaerythritol is an essential agent for accomplishing intumescence in thin film coatings. This, coupled with the ability of thin film intumescent coatings to offer a passive yet cost-effective fire protection, and maintain aesthetic qualities of steel, continues to favor growth of the dipentaerythritol market. Additionally, use of this chemical derivative in new resin binder formulations, which play an integral role in intumescent coatings, will significantly underpin growth of the dipentaerythritol market in the foreseeable future. Intumescent coatings are a perfect solution to contradictions arising from considerations given to safety aspects of construction vis-à-vis modern & ornate architectural designs.
Thermoplastic Polyacetals – Potential Opportunity Area for Dipentaerythritol Manufacturers
Easy accessibility and abundant availability of several building blocks from the renewable resources, coupled with their good degradation properties, have sparked a marked interest in the development of polyacetals (polycycloacetals). While polymers having non-cyclic acetal units represent good degradation and soluble properties, polyacetals have been witnessed to be exactly the opposite. Chemical scientists across the globe have continuously studied the benefits of direct polyacetalization, trailed by polymerization of monomers that contain acetal units. The resulting thermoplastic polyacetals have been associated with a combination of excellent properties, degradation capability, and potential for renewable sourcing. This has further adhered the interest of dipentaerythritol manufacturers as a key opportunity area of growth, which in turn is likely to pave lucrative avenues for expansion of the dipentaerythritol market in the near future.
Scope of the Report
Insights and analysis offered on the dipentaerythritol market in this report are backed by a robust research methodology, which involves a perfect combination of extensive primary and secondary researches. The year 2018 is considered as the base year for forecasting further projections of the dipentaerythritol market for the period between 2019 and 2027. Comprehensive telephonic interviews have been conducted for gaining first-hand, authoritative information on the dipentaerythritol market’s current scenario and prospects. This information is then used for validating the insights gained from exhaustive secondary researches.
This research methodology adopted for compiling the report on the dipentaerythritol has enabled our analysts to deduce holistic insights into the dipentaerythritol market’s growth prospects. This report serves as an authentic dataset for clients to further their business growth with precarious steps in their future business trajectory.
This Fact.MR report offers a detailed forecast of the dipentaerythritol market for the period between 2019 and 2027. Most influential dynamics in the dipentaerythritol market have been highlighted and their degree of intensity of impact on the market growth has been assessed. Macro- and micro-economic factors affecting growth of the dipentaerythritol market have also been identified and analyzed in the report. This report gives holistic insights on the dipentaerythritol market, to enable its readers to make fact-based business decisions and devise appropriate strategies for their future directions.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
This chapter offers the important nodes and antinodes in the dipentaerythritol market in a concise manner, which include the opportunity assessment and view-points of our analysts. Opportunity assessment delivered on the dipentaerythritol market includes the component market value in US$ Mn, winning and losing components in the dipentaerythritol market, and a quick overview of the competitive landscape represented in the form of “wheel of fortune.”
Chapter 2 – Overview
Current scenario of the dipentaerythritol market has been analyzed and has been succinctly introduced in this chapter, along with an accurate definition of the targeted research product – “dipentaerythritol.” Research scope of this report has been implied in a methodical manner, and important numbers associated with the dipentaerythritol market, such as value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons) have been rendered.
Chapter 3 – Key Indicators Assessment
An overview of the chemical industry is provided in this chapter, engulfing the analysis & forecast of the industry for the period 2013 to 2027, sales trend in the chemical industry and forecast by regions accordingly, and sales trends by countries. An overview of the formaldehyde market has also been provided, including various derivatives of formaldehyde ranging from resins & concentrates and paraformaldehyde, to pentaerythritol.
This chapter is important for the readers as it connects the dots between the associated market landscapes with the dipentaerythritol market, along with detailed assessment of the market dynamics, supply chain, and macroeconomic factors. Forecast scenario, forecast factors, and key takeaways from the dipentaerythritol market have also been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 4 – Production Analysis
This chapter gives a brief outlook of the dipentaerythritol production by key market players identified in the report.
Chapter 5 – Pricing Analysis
Pricing strategies of the dipentaerythritol manufacturers vary in line with their product positioning and market footprint, and this chapter highlights these imperative aspects, in terms of price point index analysis, pricing analysis by regions, and pricing analysis by purity grade.
Chapter 6 – Dipentaerythritol Market Analysis and Forecast
The report then succeeds with a detailed analysis and forecast of the dipentaerythritol market for the historical as well as the forecast period. The report has categorized the dipentaerythritol market into three key segments, namely, purity grade, end-use application, and region. Revenue and volume comparison, market share comparison, and Y-o-Y growth comparison of all the market segments has also been rendered in this chapter.
Chapter 7 – North America Dipentaerythritol Market
This chapter offers a precise forecast of the dipentaerythritol market in North America, and offers a concise introduction to this regional market. Key countries analyzed in the North America dipentaerythritol market are the US and Canada.
Chapter 8 - Latin America Dipentaerythritol Market
The dipentaerythritol market in Latin America has been analyzed in detail, and forecast of this regional market has been delivered in this chapter. Key countries assessed in the Latin America dipentaerythritol market include Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, and rest of Latin America.
Chapter 9 – Europe Dipentaerythritol Market
This chapter offers a precise forecast of the dipentaerythritol market in Europe, and offers a succinct introduction to this regional market. Key countries analyzed in the Europe dipentaerythritol market are the EU-4, the UK, BENELUX, NORDICS, Eastern Europe, and rest of Europe.
Chapter 10 - Japan Dipentaerythritol Market
The dipentaerythritol market in Japan has been studied in detail, and forecast of the market in this country has been rendered in this chapter. Market share comparison, Y-o-Y growth comparison, and volume and revenue comparison of the segments in the Japan dipentaerythritol market has been offered in this chapter.
Chapter 11 - APEJ Dipentaerythritol Market
This chapter gives the forecast of the dipentaerythritol market in Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), and offers a quick introduction to this regional market. Key countries analyzed in the APEJ dipentaerythritol market include China, India, South Korea, ASEAN countries, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of APEJ.
Chapter 12 - MEA Dipentaerythritol Market
The dipentaerythritol market in Middle East & Africa (MEA) has been analyzed in detail, and forecast of this regional market has been delivered in this chapter. Key countries assessed in the MEA dipentaerythritol market include GCC countries, Turkey, South Africa, North Africa, and rest of MEA.
Chapter 13 – Competitive Assessment
This chapter offers a brief analysis on the competitive landscape of the dipentaerythritol market, including a methodical representation and detailing of the market structure, and a dashboard view of key dipentaerythritol market players profiled in the report. Market share analysis of every player identified in the report has been provided in this chapter, and the occupancy of these players in the market has been represented in the form of an intensity map.
Chapter 14 – Company Profiles
Key players identified in this report on the dipentaerythritol market include Ercros S.A., Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Ltd., Henan Tianfu Chemical Co. Ltd, Alder S.p.A, BOC Sciences, TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd., Carbosynth, JenKem Technology USA, and MP Biomedicals.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.