Egg Products Market
Egg Products Market Analysis By Product Type (Frozen, Refrigerated Liquid, Dried, Specialty Egg Products), By Target Group (Food Processing, Food Service Providers, Retail/Household) and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Egg Products Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Egg Products Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
At present, the global egg products market enjoys a valuation of US$ 13.07 billion and is forecasted to climb to US$ 26.94 billion by 2033-end. Compared to the historical CAGR of 4.7% (2018 to 2022), worldwide sales of egg products are predicted to increase at a higher 7.5% CAGR over the next ten years.
Egg products are gaining popularity all around the world owing to their high nutritional value and the ability to use them in different types of recipes and food preparations. Surging demand for bakery & confectionary products is also anticipated to bolster market growth and especially uplift demand for refrigerated liquid eggs over the coming years.
Processed eggs are being extensively used in the food processing industry to impart the eggy flavour along with its protein-rich nutritional profile to satisfy the evolving demand for functional food products around the world. High availability of a variety of egg products such as frozen eggs, dried eggs, powdered eggs, liquid egg whites, and eggshell powder is also expected to favour market development in the future.
Sustainability is also a key factor influencing the egg products market progression around the world. Consumer demand for low-carbon-footprint food products is creating an interesting opportunity for egg product manufacturers, which could help them move more inventory in the long run.
- In December 2022, Do Good Foods, a company focused on reducing food waste and reducing its effect on the global climate, announced the launch of its new product called Do Good Eggs. The company had claimed that one dozen of these Good Eggs will reduce around one pound of greenhouse emissions from entering the atmosphere.
“Veganism – Looming Threat for Global Demand for Egg Products”
Surging popularity of veganism and growing adoption of plant-based products is pushing start-ups to innovate and create new alternatives to animal-based products. Vegan eggs and plant-based eggs have been gaining massive popularity in the past few years and are anticipated to be a sizeable threat to egg product suppliers in the future.
Frequent launches of new plant-based egg products and rapidly increasing innovation in the egg alternative space are attracting more start-ups to do the same, which is projected to influentially hurt egg product shipments across the forecast period and beyond.
- In June 2023, Zero Egg, a plant-based start-up, announced that it had collaborated with The Friendly Toast, a restaurant chain based in the United States to launch its Vegan Zero Egg Breakfast Sandwich at all locations in the country.
Egg Products Market Size (2023)
US$ 13.07 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 26.94 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
South Korea Market Value (2033)
US$ 889.11 Million
Japan Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
United States Market Value (2033F)
US$ 10.83 Billion
China Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
United Kingdom Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Can Start-ups Enhance the Eggs-perience of Egg Product Consumers?
“Capital Raise and Innovation – Essentials for Egg-citing Creations”
Incoming egg product companies are focusing on raising new capital to expand their business potential and make a mark in the global industry landscape. Egg product manufacturers are also focusing on creating innovative offerings to compete with plant-based egg alternatives and other egg product companies in the marketplace.
- In October 2022, an Eggcelerator Lab was launched by the American Egg Board (AEB) to promote innovation in the egg industry and bring forth new ideas. The lab was intended to act as an innovation center and create market-ready egg products that have an innovative use.
- In December 2021, Eggoz, a consumer company focused on providing good quality eggs based in India and founded in 2017, announced that it had raised US$ 3.5 million in a Series A funding round with investments from Avaana Capital, Rebright Partners Bellerive Capital along with other investors and led by NABVENTURES. The company gets chemical-free eggs from farmers and delivers them to retailers by using IoT technology to perform safety tests.
Start-ups can benefit by learning more about aspects such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments that have been discussed extensively in this egg products industry study by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Which Asian Countries are Opportune Markets for Egg Product Suppliers?
“China, India, Japan to Offer Highly Attractive Business Scope”
China and India are the most populated countries in the world, and fulfilling the nutritional requirements of such a huge population calls for all sources of food. This is what will primarily bolster the demand for egg products in these countries. Flourishing food processing industries, growing awareness regarding health and fitness, growing consumption of protein-rich foods, and evolving consumer preferences are other aspects that govern egg product shipments in Asian countries such as Japan, India, China, and South Korea going forward.
- Egg product sales in China are forecasted to increase at 6.1% CAGR from 2023 to 2033 and reach a revenue of US$ 3.52 billion by the end of the forecast period.
Should Egg Product Providers Focus on the United States?
“Surging Demand for High Protein Products – Prime Demand Instigator for Egg Products”
The United States has witnessed a notable hike in lifestyle disorders and obesity, which has resulted in people being more aware of their health and fitness. The number of people opting for gyms and physical workouts has been increasing in the country, which is driving the demand for protein-rich products such as eggs and egg whites.
- Sales of egg products in the United States are estimated to rake in a revenue valuation of US$ 10.8 billion by the end of 2033.
Egg white peptides, egg yolk lecithin, and eggshell membrane derivatives are also expected to be used extensively in research facilities to explore their potential benefits as spending on food research in the country is increasing.
High demand for egg products such as boiled eggs, egg white wraps, egg rings, and egg patties is also expected to offer remunerative business opportunities in the United States going forward. Egg poachers, egg boilers, and microwave egg cookers are anticipated to witness high sales following the rising demand for egg products in the country.
Why are Egg Product Vendors Investing in Europe?
“Shortage of Eggs Could Provide Lucrative Growth Opportunities”
European countries have been witnessing a shortage of eggs since the past year and this is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for egg product exporters around the world. Surging prices of eggs in European countries such as the United Kingdom, France, and Germany are expected to have a negative impact on sales of egg products going forward.
- In 2022, the government of France ordered the slaughter of 2.5 million animals after frequent outbreaks of bird flu, which has significantly impacted the production of poultry meat and other poultry products such as eggs not just in France but all across the European region.
Rapidly expanding vegan population and growing preference for plant-based food products in the United Kingdom are projected to add to the problems of egg product suppliers in the future. Frequent launches of vegan eggs and plant-based egg alternatives in the country will also adversely impact egg product shipments in the long run.
- Egg product demand in the United Kingdom is predicted to rise at 7% CAGR across the forecast period to attain a valuation of US$ 2.8 billion by 2033-end.
High demand for bakery products and the rising popularity of artisanal baking products are also anticipated to favor sales of egg products in the United Kingdom in the future.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Consumption of Which Egg Products Will Be Higher Going Forward?
“Refrigerated Liquid Eggs to Account for Dominant Market Share”
The egg products market is segmented based on product type and further classified as frozen, refrigerated liquid, dried, and specialty egg products.
Refrigerated liquid eggs are anticipated to emerge as the most preferred type of egg products owing to their cost-effective nature and high protein content. Liquid eggs also simplify the preparation of egg-based dishes and maintain consistency by reducing wastage that could occur while shelling eggs.
- Refrigerated liquid egg consumption is projected to rise at a robust 6.8% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Commercial establishments prefer refrigerated liquid eggs as they reduce overall costs and improve productivity, all while maintaining a longer shelf life than fresh eggs. Growing consumer awareness regarding animal welfare and its effect on food safety is also driving the shipments of free-range liquid eggs.
Where Will Egg Product Demand Exceed Expectations?
“Food Processing Industry to Lead Global Revenue Generation”
Based on target group, the egg products market is segmented into the food processing industry, food service providers, and retail/household.
Focus on health and fitness has increased on a global level, which has resulted in high demand for functional food products with high nutritional value. The addition of eggs to food preparations provides more protein to the finished product and this is why the food processing industry is projected to account for a lion’s share in terms of egg product demand.
- The use of egg products in the food processing industry is forecasted to rise at an impressive 8.6% CAGR over the next ten years.
Powdered eggs, eggshell powder, egg whites, and whole liquid eggs are anticipated to be popular in the food processing sector over the coming years. Surging demand for bakery products is also estimated to bolster shipments of egg products in this industry throughout the forecast period.
Top-tier egg product suppliers are focusing on reaching new markets by expanding their business scope through new offerings and other attractive strategies.
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Company Limited (CP Foods) announced that its first export shipment of frozen pasteurized liquid whole eggs from Thailand to Japan was ready to be shipped, and in doing so, it became the first Thai company to achieve this feat in March 2023. The company also had plans of expanding into other international markets.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Egg Products Industry Research
By Product Type :
- Whole Eggs
- Egg White
- Egg Yolks
- Refrigerated Liquid
- Whole Eggs
- Egg White
- Egg Yolks
- Whole Eggs
- Egg White
- Egg Yolks
- Specialty Egg Products
By Target Group :
- Food Processing Industry
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Creamy Sauces
- Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts
- Noodles & Pasta
- Salad Dressings
- Food Service Providers
- Convenience Stores
- Discount Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Modern Trade
- Online Retail
- Specialty Food/Sports Stores
- Other Sales Channels
- Food Processing Industry
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global egg products market accounts for a valuation of US$ 13.07 billion in 2023.
Egg product shipments are set to attain a revenue of US$ 26.94 billion by 2033-end.
Worldwide sales of egg products are predicted to rise at a healthy 7.5% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Egg product consumption in the United States is forecasted to rise at 8.4% CAGR over the next ten years.
Tyson Foods Inc., Rembrandt Enterprises, Andros, and Barry Farms are renowned companies operating in the market at present.
By 2033-end, demand for egg products in China is projected to reach a valuation of US$ 3.52 billion.