60% of Dry Shampoo Sales to be influenced by Spray Formats: Fact.MR Report
Published : 07 Sep 2021 Industry: Consumer Goods
According to Fact.MR’s recent study, the global dry shampoo market is anticipated to exhibit nearly 5% CAGR over the forecast period, reaching US$ 6.5 Bn by 2031. Though dry shampoo is witnessing a significantly non-penetrated white space, it has become quite popular among the adult population over the last decade, owing to its unique selling point of largely water-free cleansing.
Historically, the market witnessed a growth rate of 4%, closing in at a value of nearly US$ 4 Bn from 2016 to 2020. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, dry shampoo sales experienced a significant increase, in spite of contractions in the demand-supply equation in the first half of FY 2020. Rising inclination towards naturally-sourced and water free products largely sustained market demand.
Fact.MR in its elaborate report on the market notes that prominent companies are using environment-friendly raw materials to manufacture dry shampoos and target customers in the mid-price segment. Competing with established products in the hair care industry, dry shampoo is largely preferred by consumers in water-stressed urban clusters.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- By form, spray dry shampoo to account for over 60% revenue by 2031
- Powdered dry shampoo sales to grow rapidly, clocking a CAGR surpassing 8%
- By distribution channel, online platforms to expand at almost 8% CAGR through 2031
- Dry shampoo products for women to account for nearly 3 out of 5 sales through 2031
- Men’s dry shampoo products to experience a growth rate surpassing 8% from 2021 to 2031
- U.S to capture 2/5th of global market demand for dry shampoo through 2031
- Almost 50% of dry shampoo demand is likely to be generated from Europe
“The existence of a large total addressable market (TAM) for dry shampoo is expanding with the growing consumer base for regular shampoo. While catering to a large segment of users for premium cosmetic products, dry shampoo is charting a new course of growth amid the middle-income group,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent players include The Unilever Group, The Procter and Gamble, Kao Corporation, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Shiseido Company Limited, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Revlon Inc., L'Oreal SA, and Coty Inc, among others.
- In February 2021, Sky Organics announced the expansion of its beauty and personal care offerings with a new line aimed at keeping curls healthy and moisturized. New from the brand is its Curl Care collection, which is bio-based and USDA, formulated with plant-derived and organic ingredients
- In January 2020, Unilever and Sundial Brands have launched a new haircare brand, namely Emerge- a line of textured hair care products. Emerge states the products are designed for "Gen Z multicultural women."
More Insights Available
The research study on the global dry shampoo market by Fact.MR incorporates an unbiased assessment of key factors and trends responsible for shaping the landscape of the dry shampoo market over 2021-2031.
The report on dry shampoo market offers a comprehensive taxonomy of the dry shampoo market on the basis of form (spray form and powder form), function (anti-dandruff, color protection, hair loss prevention and others) demographic (men, women and kids) and distribution channel (modern trade, convenience store, specialty store, drug store, online and others), across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Consumer Products
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned consumer products team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs.
With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the chemical industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant - Consumer Products