Asthma Spacers Market
Asthma Spacers Market Analysis By Product Type (Aerochamber, Optichamber, Volumatic, Inspirease), By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, e-Commerce), and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Asthma Spacers Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Asthma Spacers Market Growth Outlook for 2023 to 2033
Global demand for asthma spacers is currently valued at US$ 1.3 billion and is estimated to reach a market revenue of US$ 2.2 billion by the end of 2033. The global asthma spacers market is pegged for expansion at 5.4% CAGR from 2023 to 2033
The incidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders (COPDs) has been increasing notably in recent years and this is projected to be a key factor influencing asthma spacer sales over the coming years. Asthma spacers are projected to witness a decent hike in demand owing to rising awareness regarding their benefits in delivering an accurate amount of medication to the lungs.
Increasing spending on asthma management and asthma care by asthmatic patients around the world is also anticipated to uplift shipments of asthma spacers and asthma inhalers over the next ten years. The growing incidence of asthma can be ascribed to increasing air pollution, surging prevalence of obesity, rising exposure to allergens, and growing urbanization.
- As per the World Health Organization (WHO), 262 million people were affected by asthma in 2019 and 455,000 fatalities were linked to asthma in the same year.
Rising focus on health and fitness, expanding medical research activity, and high investments in healthcare infrastructure development in developing countries are also slated to uplift asthma spacer shipments throughout the forecast period. However, the high availability of alternative asthma treatment is forecasted to be a major constraint for asthma spacer demand in the long run.
- In July 2022, Areteria Therapeutics, a biotechnology company committed to helping asthmatic patients lead a normal life, bagged US$ 350 million in a Series A funding round. The company was expected to use this capital to run phase 3 trials for its new asthma candidate that was claimed to have biologic-like efficacy in the treatment of asthma through oral dosage.
A comprehensive and in-depth assessment of how local supply, supply chain management, safety regulations, and other influential aspects shape global and regional market growth has been listed in this latest asthma spacers market research report compiled by the skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Market Size in 2023
US$ 1.3 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 2.2 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Aerochamber Spacers (2033F)
Asia Pacific Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of North America (2033F)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How Can New Companies Penetrate the Asthma Spacers Market?
“Launch of Innovative Asthma Care Products – Key to Effective Market Penetration”
Surging focus on asthma management and asthma care around the world has resulted in increased demand for novel asthma products, which is creating a lucrative scenario for aspiring asthma spacer suppliers.
- Hollo Medical, a new medical device company founded in 2021, is working on revolutionizing the asthma inhaler spacer industry by developing a new high-performance, mechanical inhaler that would also be kid-friendly. The spacer was expected to be more portable and be able to match the performance of market-leading spacers.
- FindAir, a Polish startup founded in 2016, is providing smart inhalers and offers a smart sensor called FindAir ONE for inhalers. The data from the sensor is collected and integrated into a smartphone application to provide medical professionals with apt information to understand patient behavior.
New asthma spacer companies can also target asthma care in children’s space as it has a lot of unexplored potential that could allow them to gain a prominent share in the industry and compete with established asthma spacer suppliers.
- Ludocare, a French start-up focused on asthma care for children and founded in 2017, revealed that it had raised US$ 4.64 million in July 2022. The company raised this capital to address the issue of non-compliance in children suffering from asthma and the round was backed by Bpifrance and Karista.
Why Should Asthma Spacer Companies Invest in the United States?
“Surging Number of Asthmatic Patients”
The burden of asthma is relatively higher in the United States as compared to most other countries and this is majorly linked to the environmental factors of the country.
- As per the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), nearly 26 million people have asthma in the United States with asthma rates being highest among Black adults.
High concentration of prime asthma product suppliers, high spending on asthma care, expanding senescent population, continuous new product approvals from regulatory authorities, and growing investments in medical research are other key factors augmenting asthma spacer demand in the United States going forward.
- In March 2022, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new inhalation aerosol for the treatment of asthma in patients six years of age or older and bronchitis. The approval of the first generic of Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) was a step towards improving access to affordable medicines by the United States FDA.
What Makes India an Advantageous Market for Asthma Spacer Suppliers?
“Increasing Environmental Pollution Due to Industrialization”
The incidence of asthma in India is increasing rapidly in recent years and this can primarily be attributed to rising air pollution owing to rapid industrialization in major and minor states of the country. The surging mortality rate of asthmatic patients in the country is a concerning issue that is projected to promote the adoption of inhalers and spacers over the coming years.
- A study by the Global Burden of Disease (GBD), estimated that India accounts for nearly 42% of global asthma deaths in the world and is home to around 30 million asthmatic patients.
Increasing awareness regarding symptoms of asthma, the growing availability of novel asthma care and asthma management products, and increasing healthcare expenditure are forecasted to be other influential aspects that could boost sales of asthma spacers across the forecast period. Supportive government initiatives to bolster healthcare infrastructure is also expected to favor shipments of asthma medicines and other asthma products going forward.
Will Sales of Asthma Spacers Rise Substantially in European Countries?
“High Incidence of Asthma among Kids – Key Prospect for Market Growth”
The prevalence of asthma in children has been increasing noticeably in the European region and this is projected to provide highly lucrative growth opportunities for asthma spacer companies in the future. Increasing pet ownership, growing air pollution, and rising adoption of novel asthma care products are other factors that could benefit sales of asthma spacers over the next ten years.
- As per a study published on the ISGlobal website, nearly 33% of new childhood asthma cases in the European region can be directly linked to air pollution.
France, Sweden, Portugal, Netherlands, Austria, and Germany are projected to be some noteworthy markets in Europe in the future for asthma spacer vendors. An increasing geriatric population and growing burden of COPDs are also predicted to favor demand for asthma products such as inhalers, asthma pumps, inhaler adapters, and collapsible asthma spacers in Europe through 2033.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Sales of Which Type of Spacers are Slated to Soar High?
“Aerochamber Spacers Maintaining Hegemony”
- Aerochamber spacer sales are estimated to account for 2/5 share of the global market landscape by the end of the forecast period.
Aerochamber spacers when used with a metered-dose inhaler ensure the proper delivery of medication and also prevent waste that could take place due to leakage into the air. Aerochamber spacers also deliver asthma medicine in a slow and regulated manner that is more suitable for an aging population. Hence, the increasing geriatric population will influentially boost the sales of aerochamber spacers in the future.
- As per statistics provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), by the end of 2030 1 in 60 people will be aged 60 years or above, and nearly 22% of the world population is projected to be over 60 years of age by 2050.
Pediatric spacers, mini spacers for inhalers, aerokat spacers, and shock spacers are also anticipated to witness a noticeable spike in demand over the coming years. Based on product type, the asthma spacers market is segmented into aerochamber, optichamber, volumatic, inspirease, and others.
Prime asthma spacer vendors are focusing on mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations that allow them to expand their reach and strengthen their market share in the global landscape.
- In May 2021, Monaghan Medical Corporation (Monaghan), a leading provider of products for the management of respiratory disorders, announced that it had signed a three-year contract agreement with Captis, a collaborative healthcare organization. The collaboration was intended to improve patient outcomes by improving medication delivery.
A more detailed and elaborative account of how new developments by top asthma spacer manufacturers influence factors such as pricing trends and product standards has been mentioned in this latest Fact.MR research analysis.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Asthma Spacers Industry Research
By Product Type :
By Distribution Channel :
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global asthma spacers market is valued at US$ 1.3 billion in 2023.
By the end of 2033, asthma spacer sales are forecasted to reach a market valuation of US$ 2.2 billion.
Over the next ten years, shipments of asthma spacers are predicted to increase at 5.4% CAGR.
Increasing prevalence of asthma, growing air pollution, and surging healthcare expenditure are key market drivers.
Aerochamber spacers accounted for a leading share of the global market in 2022.
Product type, distribution channel, and region are key segments detailed in the asthma spacers industry research report.