Serial Console Server Market to Be Valued at US$ 37 Bn by 2030; Supply Issues amidst COVID-19 Pandemic Impeding Market Expansion
Published : 23 Sep 2020 Industry: Technology
Heightening demand is being witnessed for serial console servers with the introduction of next generation networking (NGN) and IPv6 numbering allocation system. Furthermore, broadband penetration with FTTH initiatives by regional and global governmental bodies is also giving an uptick to. Advancing demand for cloud computing services and increasing number of cloud service providers will boost demand for serial console servers during the forecast period (2020-2030).
As the focus on IoT and smart devices becomes strong, worldwide, market players are eyeing potential opportunities in unexplored markets. Highly populous Asian countries, in particular, offer a huge customer base for leading manufacturers of serial console servers. Moreover, aspiring and affluent households have increased their spending on consumer electronic products and smart gadgets, which drive demand for end-use products in the serial console server market.
According to a new Fact.MR study, the serial console server market is poised to expand at a value CAGR of 7% through 2030.
Key Takeaways from Serial Console Server Market Report
- Advancing rate of adoption of cloud computing services will play an important role in the growth of the serial console server market.
- The above 64 ports segment is expected to record a CAGR of over 7%, and create an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 10.3 Bn during the forecast period.
- Developments in North American countries such as the U.S. and Canada are proving to be important for the high growth of the market in the region.
- Commercial models are estimated to account for 49% of the market revenue share by 2020-end, and are expected to gain 241 BPS in their market share by 2030 over 2020.
- The largest share is contributed by larger enterprises in the serial console server market. This is expected to represent US$ 11.2 Bn of the market in 2020, and reach US$ 20.5 Bn in 2030, representing a CAGR of 6.5% across the forecast period.
- Cloud service provider demand with respect to end users is projected to grow 1.9X during forecast period, while the MTDC segment is projected to grow 2.1X during the same period.
- Disruptions in the supply chain due to the COVID-19 outbreak are set to hamper market growth in the near term.
“Increasing digitization and use of cloud computing services along with advancing rate of development of data centers will drive the serial console server market during the forecast period,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Players Focusing on Service Innovation & Acquisitions to Gain Significant Share
Key players in the market are Opengear, Inc, Vertix, Cisco, Lantronix, Inc., ATEN INTERNATIONAL Co., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Perle, Raritan Inc., Digi International Inc., Black Box Corporation, and Tripp Lite. These key players are performing different activities such as product launches and innovation in their service offerings. For instance, one of the key players in the market, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, has invested US$ 5 Bn in R&D activities associated with serial console servers. These investments are carried out with respect to technological advancements in console servers, in order to increase capability and provide better encryption to servers.
More Valuable Insights on Serial Console Server Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the serial console server market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study delivers essential insights on the serial console server market on the basis of number of ports (2 to 16, 16 to 32, 32 to 64, and above 64), data center type (hyerscale, colocation, wholesale, enterprise, and telecom), enterprise size (large and small & medium enterprises), model (commercial, industrial, and accessories) and end user (cloud service provides, enterprise users, MTDC, and others), across seven major regions.
About the ICT Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned ICT team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the IT services industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.