Despite Rising Environmental Concerns, Industrial Sector to Account for 30% Overall Generator Demand: Fact.MR
Published : 13 Jan 2021 Industry: Industrial Goods
Uninterrupted power supply, supported by efficient power back-up, is crucial across sectors such as industrial, residential, and commercial. Erratic supply of power, especially in underdeveloped and developing regions of the world, is the main driver for high demand for generators. Despite growing environmental concerns about the usage of diesel across the world, demand from the industrial sector is expected to be over 30% over the coming years. Fact.MR has also observed that bigger players leveraging their business expertise to provide seamless power supply for a wide array of operations undertaken by business corporations and enterprises.
Overall, the global generator market is set to expand at a steady CAGR of around 5% through 2030, as per Fact.MR analysis.
Key Takeaways from Global Generator Market Report
- In terms of revenue, North America is forecasted to account for one-third of overall global demand by 2030. Rapid development of commercial establishments and industries aiming to increase productivity is boosting adoption.
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) will remain the fastest-growing market in terms of value, due to unstable power supply in many areas of the region.
- Among the fuel types, demand for diesel generators will remain strong, accounting for 3 out of every 4 generators sold worldwide.
- Due to high industrial demand for generators, the largest size of above 1000 kVA will be most sought-after across regions.
- Both, stationary and portable generators will witness more or less the same sales, when calculated by value.
- The industrial sector will continue to be the main end user of generators through 2030.
- With easing of restrictions that were brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, industrial activity has picked up, and, as such, the global generator market is slated to get back to its normal growth trajectory over the coming months.
“Demand for generators will be substantial for use in the industrial sector, allowing the market to expand around 1.7X over the next ten years,”
says a Fact.MR analyst.
High Investment Required & Regulatory Policies to Impact Consumption
As technology progresses at a fast pace, generators are becoming more and more advanced; though investment required for most high-power generators remains high. Environmental concerns have prompted many governments to push for the use of machinery that utilises renewable energy resources, aligned with the laid regulatory frameworks on industrial operations. These factors can potentially be major barriers in the adoption of generators in the future.
Some of the main competitors tracked and analysed by Fact.MR in the global generator market are Yamaha Motor Corporation, SDMO, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Kubota Corporation, Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, General Electric Corporation, Doosan Corporation, Cooper Corporation, and AKSA Power Generation.
Valuable Insights into Global Generator Market Report
In its latest report, Fact.MR has presented a detailed analysis of the global generator market, along with an assessment for the years 2020 to 2030. In order to provide a better understanding, the market has been segregated into several segments on the basis of region (Asia Pacific Excluding Japan [APEJ], Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, Japan, and North America), application (portable and stationary), capacity (0-100 kVA, 100-350kVA, 350-1000kVA, and above 1000kVA), fuel (diesel and gas), and end use (commercial, industrial, and residential). All major economies and regions have been studied and reported under which all the different segments and the response of the market has been analysed extensively.
About the Industrial Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.