Shampoo Sales to Account for More than 1/3 Share of Organic Hair Care Products: Fact.MR
Published : 16 Jun 2021 Industry: Consumer Goods
According to the latest revised report published by Fact.MR, the global organic hair care market is expected to exceed a valuation of US$ 9 Bn in 2021, and is poised to expand at a CAGR of more than 7% over the next ten years.
Over the past half-decade, consumer behaviour has been totally dynamic with respect to choice of products used for hair care and personal care. Increasing awareness of harmful chemicals in conventional hair care products manufactured in bulk has shifted consumer attention towards natural hair care products.
Moreover, from a sales standpoint, consumer behaviour has enacted in a positive manner. Manufacturers are now able to channel their products with less margin leakages and higher discounts, which has boosted their sales even in the period of Q2 and Q3 of FY2020 during the onset of COVID-19.
Companies in the market are channelling more than 10% of margins generated towards development of new product lines, mostly related to natural hair care products.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Growing awareness about personal appearance along with importance of healthy hair will increase demand for organic and herbal hair grooming products. This will lead to a healthy market growth of 1.8X from 2021 to 2031.
- The global organic hair care market registered a growth rate of 6.2% during historic period 2016-2020.
- The market in APEJ for organic hair care is anticipated to grow at a much faster rate as compared to any other region.
- Europe is expected to present an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 1.2 Bn over the forecast period.
- APEJ has highest market share among all regions, and is projected grow 1.7X from 2021 to 2031.
- The North Americas market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of more than 7% from 2021 to 2031, and will gain 40 BPS during the same period.
“Personal care spending and rising disposable income are key demand generators for organic hair care products,” says a Fact.MR analyst
Competition Tuning Factor
Key manufactures of organic hair care products are The Body Shop, Estee Lauder, The Hain Celestial Group, Amway, Kiehl’s, Natura Cosméticos S.A., L'Occitane en Provence, Kao Corporation, Loreal SA, and Johnsons and Johnsons. Although the market is fragmented, higher potential of the product will attract new players to this space.
Find More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents a balanced analysis of the global organic hair care market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of (2021-2031).
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of product (shampoos, conditioners, hair oil, hair colorants, styling agents, and others), sales channel (professional salons, specialty stores, modern trade, drug stores, online stores, and others), across 6 major regions of the world.
About the Retail & Consumer Goods Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned consumer goods team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the consumer goods industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – Retail & Consumer Goods