Jan 28, 2020
Pepsin Market Resurgent, with Pharmaceuticals & Food Industry Sustaining Growth, Opines Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Pepsin is a protein-degrading, or proteolytic, enzyme used in a wide range of pharmaceutical, and food processing applications. Though demand for pepsin from pharmaceutical industry is seeing a spurt, recent past has witnessed high growth in pepsin for processing of soy protein and gelatin, which is used in an array of applications such as dairy, poultry and meat products. 1:10000 pepsin grade is forecast to be a leading segment in the burgeoning applications of pepsin within these products, reveals Fact.MR in a recently published report on the Global pepsin market. As per the report, global pepsin market is forecast to surpass US$ 3.9 Bn by 2027 end, reflecting moderate growth of under 5% during the assessment period
Key Takeaways of Global Pepsin Market
- Global pepsin market is forecast to create an absolute opportunity of around US$ 1.1 Bn during the forecast period, adding 1.4X more value as compared to 2019
- Pepsin is primarily used as a pharmaceutical intermediate for formulating digestive drugs, which is a dominant end use, accounting for around half of the global market share
- Use of pepsin as an enzymatic food additive, as a replacement to rennin in the production of certain cheeses is trending, which is forecast to propel demand growth of pepsin within the food industry
- Liquid form of pepsin is the next growth epicenter in the global market, which is poised to gain 732 BPS by 2027
- Owing to wide application of 1:10,000 pepsin grade in pharmaceutical & food industry it is the dominant grade of pepsin with around 40% market share in 2019, however, demand for 1:15,000 grade pepsin is forecast to be on a rapid growth trajectory during the forecast period
- Despite losing market share by 2027, Europe is forecast to account for almost one-third of the incremental $ opportunity created in the market over the forecast period
- Global pepsin market is fragmented in nature, with Biolaxi Corporation, BIOZYM, and Chongqing quanxinxiangsheng amongst the top market players
“As protein is an essential macronutrient that helps build muscle, rapidly growing consumer demand for protein supplement products has led to a thriving pepsin market worldwide.” says a Fact.MR analyst
Manufacturers Focusing on Product Variants as Key Marketing Strategy
Pepsin manufacturers are predominantly focused on providing a comprehensive selection of fermented, plant-derived and animal-based enzymes in the industry. Still, there has been no significant inorganic strategy that has been observed in the last half decade in the pepsin market landscape. Few manufacturers are trying to stretch the applications of pepsin beyond pharmaceuticals and food industries. Further, to maintain the upper hand in global market, key players have ensured a wide range of product offerings by manufacturing all variants of pepsin.
More Valuable Insights on Pepsin Market:
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the pepsin market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2027. The study divulges essential insights on the pepsin market on the basis of product form (powder, and liquid), End Use Sector (pharmaceuticals, industrial, food and feed and other) and end use (1:3,000, 1:10,000, 1:15,000, and other forms) across six major regions of world.
>>> To Get more insights on pepsin market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/4483/pepsin-market
About the Chemical & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Chemical & Materials team at Fact.MR assists clients with unique business intelligence needs on a global level. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the Chemical & Materials industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to us to know how we can help.