Demand for Renewable Energy, Eco-friendly Battery Systems Driving Solar Powered Car Market: Fact.MR
Published : 26 Jul 2021 Industry: Automotive
As per a revised report published by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global solar powered car market is valued at US$ 80 Mn, and is set to expand at an impressive CAGR of more than 12% over the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
Growing popularity of self-charging vehicles has prompted the creation of the solar vehicle industry, which has aided the expansion of the solar powered car business. Manufacturers have been able to produce solar powered cars and solar powered commercial vehicles due to growing demand for alternate fuel vehicles and the desire for pollution-free vehicles. Also, the need to reduce carbon emissions in the environment along with increasing use of renewable energy is compelling manufacturers to increase their investments in R&D activities and production.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Monocrystalline solar cells are expected to be one of the key solar panel segments for solar powered cars.
- Sedan cars are anticipated to remain one of the fastest-growing vehicle types for solar power, due to small and sleek design that improves the efficiency of solar panels that are attached on sedan cars.
- Pure electric vehicles are expected to become a high growth car category, owing to design of solar vehicles being severely limited by amount of energy input into the car.
- The lithium-ion battery segment is expected to surge in the near future because of high charging-discharging efficiency, high charge density, and light weight as compared to lead-based and other battery types.
- Europe is estimated to remain one of the fastest-growing regional market because of ease of availability of raw material and increase in government incentives for solar powered car production and selling.
“Use of renewable energy in the automotive industry holds significant opportunities for solar powered car demand, as it is an extremely tantalizing idea to reduce humanity’s carbon footprint,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Increasing monetary and non-monetary incentives are encouraging the adoption of battery-operated solar powered cars. Moreover, the need for sustainable urban mobility and modern transportation is driving the transition from conventional to renewable modes of transport. Solar powered cars are anticipated to have a positive influence on energy security and air quality.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global solar powered car market, with forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of solar panel (monocrystalline solar cells, polycrystalline solar cells, thin-film solar cells, organic solar cells, dye-sensitized solar cells, and quantum dot solar cells), car category (pure electric and hybrid electric), battery (lithium-ion, lead-based, and others), car type (compact, sedans, SUVs, vans, and others), across four major regions of the world (Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa)
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Automotive Division
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned automotive team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs.
With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analysed the automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Senior Consultant – Automotive