Global Decabromodiphenyl Ether Market to Surge 1.5x, amid High Requirement for Robust Flame Retardants: Fact.MR Study
Published : 08 Sep 2021 Industry: Chemical & Materials
According to a recently published report by Fact.MR, the global decabromodiphenyl ether market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% between 2021 and 2031, reaching US$ 400 Mn by the end of the said forecast period. Flame retardants such as decabromodiphenyl ether are becoming a required component in many polymer-based industries and the manufacture of electrical and electronic equipment.
Historical data points out that the market registered steady expansion, clocking a CAGR of almost 4% from 2016 to 2020. By the end of the said historical period, the market was valued at US$ 270 Mn. Contractions were experienced in the initial half of 2020, attributed to stringent lockdowns imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19. Fortunately, high demand for advanced flame retardants across such important settings as hospitals and clinics sustained production levels to a significant extent.
Due to amplifying demand for high-performance chemicals in several end-use verticals such as construction, electrical and electronics, and plastics, the market for decabromodiphenyl ethers will see steady growth. High textile output from key regions such as Asia will stimulate demand for decabromodiphenyl ether to prevent fire accidents during the production process.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global market for decabromodiphenyl ether to surge 1.5x from 2021 to 2031
- By purity grade, 83% decabromodiphenyl ether sales to expand at around 4% CAGR
- 97% purity grade decabromodiphenyl ether to yield over US$ 10 Mn in revenue by 2025
- Building & construction to be primary end use industry, likely to exceed US$ 31 Mn
- U.S to account for 35% of global revenue in the decabromodiphenyl ether industry
- Europe to witness a CAGR of 4% in the global market, pivoted by Germany, U.K and France
- Asia to be an opportunistic market, clocking a CAGR of 5% through 2031
“Rising concerns about workplace fire safety is prompting end use industries to deploy decabromodiphenyl ether based fire retardants, providing players with the opportunity to flood the global market with robust product lines,” says an analyst at Fact.MR.
TOSOH Corporation, ICL-IP Europe, SULI Co. Ltd., Shouguang Weidong Chemical, Toronto Research Chemicals, Wingar Fengtai Chemical, Acuro, Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co. Ltd, and AccuStandard are some prominent decabromodiphenyl ether manufacturers.
- ICL-IP, a prominent chemicals and minerals manufacturer, produces a range of sustainable polymeric flame retardants, which include a broad range of material, including hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) and decabromodiphenyl ether
- Likewise, Toronto Research Chemicals Inc. offers decabromodiphenyl ether (C12Br10O) and decabromodiphenyl ether-13C12 (13C12Br10O) to be used as flame retardants in plastics/polymers/composites
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global decabromodiphenyl ether market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study indulges essential insights on the market on the basis of purity grade (83% purity and 97% purity), material (polyolefin, polyvinylchloride, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyurethane and polypropylene) and end use (building & construction, electronics & electrical equipment, automotive & transportation, textiles and other end uses) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
About the Chemical and Material Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned chemical and material team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – Chemicals and Materials