Fibrous Casings Market: An Overview
Fibrous casings are a combination of regenerated cellulose and paper, which ensures high strength and uniformity in diameter. Fibrous casings are casings suitable for eatables such as smoked sausages, dried sausages and cooked sausages, among others. They are traditionally regarded as one of the strongest, versatile and comprehensive packaging solutions available in the market for large diameter sausages. Apart from meat products, fibrous casings are also used for the packaging of processed and smoked cheeses. One of the key factors contributing to the high preference for fibrous casings at butcher shops is their high tensile strength and permeability to smoke and moisture. The permeation to gases plays a key role in processes where timely smoking, maturation and drying are vital requirements. This makes fibrous casings the ideal packaging solution for sausage casing. Fibrous casings are available in a wide range of variants in the market. The type and calibre of the fibrous casing are decided on the basis of the sausage-making process that is being employed. The global fibrous casings market is expected to have a positive growth outlook during the forecast period.
Fibrous Casings Market: Dynamics
The global fibrous casings market is expected to witness growth on the backdrop of the growth in the demand for sausages and meat products, particularly beef, pork and veal. The fibrous casings market is characterized by the presence of several large players that offer a wide range of process-specific casings as well as customized solutions. Many manufacturers also focus on providing fibrous casings with aroma and colour transfer, which enables the end user to combine the sausage and casings as per their requirement.
- For instance, Selo, a provider of custom and standard processing and packaging solutions, offers a range of ‘smoke’ smoke and colour transfer, ‘Caramel’ colour, and ‘Roast-E’ colour transfer casings.
Furthermore, one of the key drivers expected to positively affect the growth of the global fibrous casings market is the demand for convenience packaging. Manufacturers of fibrous casings are likely to keep the consumer demand for convenience at the epicentre of their product designs.
- For instance, Viskase Companies Inc. offers fibrous casings treated specially for the easy release of the casing from the meat. They also perform an inner surface treatment intended to promote adhesion to proteins, which ensures that their fibrous casings have a tight adherence to the meat product.
Manufacturers are also looking to produce fibrous casings compatible with multi-colour prints (up to ten colour graphics).
One of the key challenges for the growth of the global fibrous casings market is associated with the type of product to be cased. Meats such as pork and beef have limited to very negligible consumption in countries such as India, owing to religious restrictions. As a result, fibrous casings can only expect limited penetration in the India market during the forecast period.
Global Fibrous Casings Market: Segmentation
The global fibrous casings market can be segmented on the basis of product type, application and calibre.
On the basis of product type, the global fibrous casings market has been segmented as:
- Clear casings
- Mahogany casings
- Red casings
- Specialty casings
On the basis of application, the global fibrous casings market has been segmented as:
- Sausages & Salamis
- Spreadable Fresh
- Fresh Cured Products
- Other Food Products
On the basis of calibre, the global fibrous casings market has been segmented as:
- Small Calibre
- Medium Calibre
- High calibre
Fibrous Casings Market: Regional Outlook
The North America fibrous casings market is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to the high consumption of meat products in the U.S., which accounts for nearly 9/10th of the total demand. The EU-4 are expected to contribute significantly to the Europe fibrous casings market. In the Asia Pacific region, China and the ASEAN countries are expected to be the key contributors to the regional fibrous casings market. The growth of the fibrous casings market in the Middle East is expected to be rather sluggish during the next ten years, with GCC expected to make the largest contribution to the regional market.
Global Fibrous Casings Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players operating in the global fibrous casings market are:
- Viskase Companies, Inc.
- DeWied International, Inc.
- Walsroder Casings GmbH
- Kalle GmbH
- OY Viskoteepak AB
- Globus Group
- TAIKOH USA, Inc.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj
- Futamura Group
- Viscofan Group
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, product type, application, and calibre.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development