Over 40% One Component Foam Demand Stimulated by Door & Window Frame Jambs: Fact.MR Study
Published : 17 Aug 2021 Industry: Chemical & Materials
As per Fact.MR - a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global one component foam industry analysis reveals that the market was valued at US$ 3 Bn in 2020, and is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 6% over the 2021-2031 forecast period.
One component formulation of polyurethane foam, which is manufactured by reacting polyols and diisocyanates, is referred as one component foam. One component foam is widely used in several end-use industries such as building & construction, fire retardants, and consumer goods. One-component foam is also employed for filling gaps in pipes and outdoor vents. It is largely used for the prevention of air passage through a small space.
Increase in demand for superior-quality adhesives with insulating properties in the construction industry and rise in popularity of self-hardening and self-expanding sealing are anticipated to boost demand for one component foam over the coming years.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global one component foam market to top US$ 5 Bn by 2031.
- Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate projected to reach around US$ 2 Bn by 2031.
- Polyether polyols projected to record above 5% CAGR over next 10 years.
- Market in Japan to record 3% CAGR over forecast period of 2021- 2031.
- China forecast to reach projected market size above US$ 905 Mn by 2031.
- Market in Canada projected to expand above 5% CAGR over next 10 years.
“With rising focus on energy-efficient residential and commercial buildings worldwide, demand for one component foam is projected to increase over the years to come,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
New entrants and emerging companies manufacturing one component foam are involved in product innovation, expansion of product portfolio, and collaborations with industry giants and end users to capture as much visibility as possible.
- The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) recently opened a world-class polyol plant in Rayong, Thailand, to increase its manufacturing capacities and deliver high-quality rigid polyurethane foam.
- Henkel Ag & Co. is focusing on expanding its product portfolio of a wide range of adhesives targeted at the healthcare industry. The company aims to deliver new LED curing adhesives manufactured using thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU) and thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) for flexible medical devices to capitalize on the recent developments in next-gen smart health devices for the profitable growth of its adhesives business.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the one component foam market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product (MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate), polyether polyols, and polyester polyols), application (adhesive, insulation, sealing, and filling), and end use (partition walls, water pipes, door & window frame jambs, and ceiling & floor joints), across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Chemicals and Materials
Our chemical and material consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the chemical and material sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global chemical and material industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant – Chemicals and Materials