Dental Clinics to account for 50% Share of the Global Market by 2031: Fact.MR Study
Published : 13 Oct 2021 Industry: Healthcare
Fact.MR predicts the sales of global dental endodontics to reach US$ 3 Bn by registering a CAGR of 8.7% in the assessment period 2021-2031. Technological advancements and affordable treatments is spurring the demand for dental endodontics. In addition, affordability factor for treatment is driving the market for dental clinics.
Historically, between 2016 and 2020, the sales of dental clinics market surged at a CAGR of 6%. Postponement of elective surgeries and treatments to accommodate severely infected patients stalled expansion prospects during the first half of the COVID-19 pandemic. As of 2021, the market is likely to be valued at US$ 1.3 Bn.
Manufacturers of dental endodontics are highly investing in technology that makes dental procedures easy for the patients. The advent of 3D imaging so as to provide a better positive outcome is revolutionizing the dental endodontics industry. Players such as Dentsply Sirona offer a broad range of 3D imaging devices, including the ORTHOPHOS SL 3D imaging machine, offering panoramic images with is DCS sensor and Sharp Layer Technology.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Dental consumables to be highly demand, yielding US$ 1 Bn by 2022, surging at 7% CAGR by 2031
- Dental clinics to remain key end users, capturing greater than 50% of the market share
- North America expected to hold 30% market share for dental endodontics market in the forecast period.
- Asia expected to hold 45% market share for dental endodontics until 2031
- Japan is likely to register the highest CAGR of around 6.3%.
- Global dental endodontics market to grow 2.3x from 2021 to 2031
“Prominent manufacturers are focusing on introducing highly precise imaging dental endodontics equipment, in addition to capitalizing on the consumables segment, with the intention of increasing positive patient outcomes,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent dental endodontics manufacturers are capitalizing on acquisition of rival players, as well as introduction of new product lines equipped with the latest technology. Notable developments in the market are as follows:
- In January 2021, Dentsply Sirona acquired Byte, a leading doctor directed dental aligner company. The acquisition was done to accelerate the growth and profitability of the combined clear aligners business. This move will enable both players to expand the market for orthodontic care, connecting additional patients with dental professionals to help access quality oral care
- In April 2021, Henry Schein announced the launch of their new Dentrix Imaging Centre. The module is designed to allow dental professionals that can manage all images easily. Switching between multiple unique imaging modules and practice management software can add unnecessary time and complexity to clinical workflows in a dental practice.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global dental endodontics market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study indulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product (instruments and consumables) and end user (dental hospitals, dental clinics, dental academic and research institutes and others) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Healthcare
Our healthcare consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the healthcare sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global healthcare industry provides indispensable insights and support - encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant - Healthcare