E-commerce Expansion to add to the Demand for Plastic Protective Packaging through 2031, Finds Fact.MR Study
Published : 27 Sep 2021 Industry: Chemical & Materials
As per Fact MR’s latest report, the plastic protective packaging market is projected to surpass revenues worth US$ 28 Bn by 2031, registering a robust growth at over 6.7% CAGR across the forecast period. In volume terms, the global market for plastic protective packaging exceeded 9 billion tons as of 2019.
From 2016 to 2020, the industry maintained a strong growth trajectory, representing a CAGR above 5% to reach a valuation of US$ 14.6 Bn as of 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has further fueled expansion, as reliance on e-commerce to purchase different categories of merchandize increased exponentially.
Plastic protective packaging industry continues to remain influenced by various factors that range from focus of manufacturers on streamlining and optimization of plastic protective packaging, to advancements in plastic properties in line with reduced waste. Sensing the role of protective packaging the overall end-user experience, leading players in the plastic protective packaging market are focusing on easy-to-use designs, along with consistent branding activities.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global market for protective plastic packaging likely to expand more than 2x through 2031
- Sales of LDPE resin-based stretch wraps expected to close in at 3 million tons
- Bubble wraps and air cushions to collectively yield over 50% of global market revenue
- Europe to show the highest growth, with revenues closing in at over US$ 4 billion in 2019
- U.S to emerge as an opportunistic market, anticipated to register a CAGR exceeding 5% until 2031
- India and China to emerge as attractive investment destinations across the Asian region
"Surging dependence on virtual platforms to purchase various categories of merchandize is helping the e-commerce industry to flourish, thereby generating demand for robust packaging solutions, including plastic protective packaging," says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key players operating in the plastic protective packaging market include Berry Global Group, Inc., AEP Industries Inc., Intertape Polymer Group Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group, Sealed Air Corporation, Signode Packaging Systems Corporation, Winpak Ltd., Kureha Corporation, PREMIUM PACK GmbH, Flexopack S.A., Schur Flexibles Group, Coveris Holdings S.A., Allfo Vakuumverpackungen Hans Bresele Kg, Kuplast Matejka Kumar S.P., and Buergofol GmbH.
Leading market players are focusing their efforts on developing innovative products to strengthen their position in the global market and are adopting strategies like acquisitions and mergers.
- Smurfit Kappa has announced the opening of a new International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified lab at its new eCommerce packaging facility in Northampton, UK.
- This brings with it an expansion of Smurfit Kappa’s network of packaging testing labs and centers that support retailers and producers to develop, test, and launch disruptive packaging solutions for eCommerce at minimal risk and with reliable implementation.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the plastic protective packaging market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The report discloses compelling insights into the demand for plastic protective packaging based on material type (air cushion, plastic mailer, bubble packaging, dunnage bags, sleeves, shrink wrap, stretch wrap and stretch hood) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
About the Chemical and Material Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned chemical and material team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the chemical and material industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – Chemicals and Materials